1.The drunkard staggered from the coffee shop and clung to a lamp-post.
2. The hitch-hikers reached the town after a long walk and plodded wearily to the hotel.
3. The man whose wife was expecting the first baby was pacing nervously up and down the hospital corridor.
4. After class, the children did not go home direct but loitered on the way.
5.The manager strode into the office and asked who was late for work.
6. The puppy strayed from its home and was completely lost.
7. The cock is strutting up and down the farm yard.
8. After dinner, I went rambling in the park.
9.The thief has been lurking in a corner for his unsuspecting victims.
10.Not wishing to be noticed, the boy crept down stairs.
11. At the weekend, Tom and his friends went strolling in the town.
12. In her hurry, the maid stumbled and fell flat on the floor.
13. The farmer trudged home with his hoe.
14. The mountaineers scrambled up the hill side.
15. The car lurched forward across the grass.
16. With one leg hurt, John limped home.
17. Beasts come out to prowl after their prey at night.
18. Before babies can walk, they crawl.
19. The victorious army marched into the conquered city.
20.The pedestrians rushed here and there in the rain.